Originally from Camarillo, California, Dr. Powell attended UCLA and received his degree in biology. After college, he pursued his medical education at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond Virginia. Dr. Powell stayed on the East Coast and trained in neurology at Emory University in Atlanta. He remained at Emory for additional training in neurophysiology. Dr. Powell is board certified in neurology and a member of the American Academy of Neurology. His professional interests include general outpatient neurology, inpatient consultations, and reading EEGs.
- Board Certifications: Georgia Composite Medical Board (2017), Medical Board of California (2018), American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (2015)
- Fellowship: Emory University Department of Neurophysiology (2015-2016)
- Residency: Emory University Department of Neurology (2012-2015)
- Medical Education: Medical College of Virginia-Virginia Commonwealth University, MD (2011)
- Professional Memberships: American Academy of Neurology (2015), American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (2015)
- Clinic Locations: Neuroscience Center of Ventura County (ASA)