Dr. Riffat Muzaffer is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. She received her Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease training at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. Early in her medical career, she excelled in basic science bench research which allowed her to gain expertise in protein purification, gel electrophoresis, immunoblot and PCR testing. She also developed skills in bacterial DNA and RNA isolation. Upon further reflection, Dr. Muzaffer found she was most attracted to clinical medicine. Along with her internal medicine and infectious disease work, she has an interest in the care of patients with HIV Disease and AIDS. She enjoys the care of complex illness and strives to treat each of her patients with compassion and understanding.
- Medical School: University of Kashmir
- Residency: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, UCLA
- Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and West LA VA – UCLA Infectious Disease Program
- Board certified: Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease
- Clinical Interests: HIV, hepatitis and tropical infections