Medical Director, Hematology and Oncology
Dr. Chen grew up in Arcadia, California and was an exceptional student. She had a passion for medicine from an early age and as a high school senior was accepted into the Penn State accelerated BS/MD program in collaboration with Jefferson Medical College. After spending six years on the East Coast, she returned to California to train in internal medicine at the Scripps Green Hospital in San Diego. She soon discovered her interest in helping patients with cancer and blood diseases. After completing her internal medicine residency, she went on to complete her hematology and oncology fellowship at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center. She believes in evidence-based decision-making and strives to treat the whole person, and not just the disease, with understanding and compassion.
Dr. Chen speaks English, Mandarin and Spanish.
- Board Certified Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology
- Fellowship: Olive View UCLA Medical Center
- Residency: Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green Hospital, San Diego
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia
- Clinical Interests: Breast, Colon, and Lung Cancer