Medical Director, Infectious Disease
Dr. Melissa “Lissa” Barger was born and raised in Southern California. She earned a B.S. in Biology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Once graduating from Ross University School of Medicine, she returned to Santa Barbara for her Internal Medicine Residency training. Now that she has completed her Infectious Disease Fellowship at USC, she is excited to be returning to the Central Coast to work in Ventura. She hopes her varied clinical experiences and ability to speak Spanish will allow her the opportunity to care for a diverse patient population.
In her spare time she loves cooking Vegetarian cuisine, listening to music, and spending time with her husband and children.
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine Infectious Disease
- Fellowship: Adult Infectious Diseases, Los Angeles County + University of Southern California, 2015-2017
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, 2012-2015, Chief Resident 2014-2015
- Medical School: Ross University School Of Medicine 2012
- Professional Memberships: Infectious Disease Society of America, The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Clinic Locations: Medicine Specialty Center West (MSCW)