Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation:
PM&R doctors specialize in musculoskeletal rehabilitation and the physical and neurologic disorders of traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and musculoskeletal medicine. PM&R doctors have a high level of expertise in palliative care, brain injury medicine, and neuromuscular medicine. These doctors are skilled at addressing conditions often associated with disabilities, such as, cognitive problems, orthopedic abnormalities, issues of bowel and bladder function.
- Inpatient and outpatient consultation
- Highly specialized patient evaluation that addresses not only musculoskeletal, neurologic and other physical issues
- but also includes social, emotional and vocational aspects of the patient’s life.
- Work closely with physical, occupational and speech therapists to optimize treatment tailored to the patient’s specific needs
- Perform a variety of procedures including ultrasound guided joint aspiration and injection, trigger point injections, electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies(NCS).