Immunology Clinic provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to individuals who have been infected with the HIV virus. Increased use of blood testing to screen for HIV virus has led to earlier diagnosis in many cases. The use of multiple antiviral drugs in combination has led to markedly improved outcomes and control of disease. Our clinicians are highly skilled at monitoring HIV disease, screening for complications of the disorder and the treatment of the wide variety of infections that can affect an individual with diminished immune system function. Our care is comprehensive, compassionate and at the cutting edge of developments in the treatment of these disorders.
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations
- Shave and punch biopsies
- Simple and intermediate surgical excision
- Cryo-destruction of benign and precancerous lesions
- Retinal examination
- Lymph node excisional and biopsy
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy